Monday, May 11, 2015

Aloha

while visiting the volcano on Hawaii's big island on our honeymoon, October 2014


First blog post is a little intimidating, but here goes...

I've had blogs in the past, so why is this so hard?  Okay, just write and get something up here so I can figure out templates, etc.

My husband is speaking Polish to his Mama on the phone, after we just spent a week in Long Island getting things set up for our move next month.  He's lost a suit, so I'm praying to St. Anthony that it wasn't lost on a train during Kamil's several trips at the beginning of the year for his residency interviews.  I'm so glad THAT part of our first year of marriage is over!

For those who don't know, he "matched" at Stony Brook University near his parents pretty much smack dab in the middle of Long Island.  I'm sure someday when I'm plagued by writer's block I can tell y'all more about how the match process works, how I discovered that Long Island actually lives up to its name (who knew?), and that it's God's funny sense of humor bringing me full circle to live in the Empire State.  Another time, another time.

Right now, I've got to decide if I'll tackle the several unpacked items glaring at me (first up: the sheets we cleaned in the free washer/dryer at his parents...we do need a bed to sleep in tonight after all), and how exactly we're going to move all of our stuff from Virginia to New York and two cars.

Wish me luck!  And if you think of it, please pray to St. Tony for my husband!

Love,

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment